In this article, we'll guide you through the steps to upload new artworks to The Pixel Gallery.
Our instructions are broken down into the following sections:
- Navigate to the "Add New Artwork" Page
- Fill in the Add New Artwork Form
- Select a price and an edition size for your NFT
- Submit the Add New Artwork form
Navigate to the "Add New Artwork" Page
Once you are signed in, the website will allow you to start adding your artworks for sale as NFTs.
Click on the Add New Artwork button at the top right of the Navigation Bar.
Fill in the Add New Artwork Form
This form asks for the minimal amount of information needed to add new artworks to the website. More detailed information can be added by editing your artwork after it has been created (more on this later). We’ll walk you through the Add New Artwork form.
First, fill out a title and description of your artwork.
Next, use the image-upload box to submit the image file you wish to upload. Files can be dragged-and-dropped into this area, or click in the box in order to open a file browser.
Some notes on image files:
- The Pixel Gallery accepts a wide variety of image formats, including but not limited to .bmp, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .svg and .gif.
- We encourage artists to upload the highest quality images of their artwork available to them. The maximum file-size accepted is 10 MB.
Select a price and edition size for your NFT
Please note, the pricing section will be disabled if you haven't yet added your payout information to the website. If you would like to add your payout information, check this article for more information. You can still add artworks as "not for sale" without adding your payment information.
In this section, artists can:
- Choose a price and a currency in which their artworks will be sold. The currency you choose needn't be your local currency, since our payment processor will do the currency conversion for you.
- Add artworks as "Not for sale", which means the artwork will be part of the gallery but will have no option to buy it as an NFT.
- Create an "edition" of NFTs for your artwork, which allows multiple NFTs to be minted from a single artwork. The size of the edition can be selected in the "Edition size" box.
Once an NFT of your edition sells, the size of the edition can no longer be edited - this ensures that buyers don't feel deceived. However, it is still possible to change the edition size up until the first NFT of the edition has sold.
Click here for a more in depth article about the Editions feature.
Submit the Add New Artwork form
Once your artwork is created, the website will show you a link to your newly submitted artwork. You should go and review that page and check you that the information has been entered correctly and things like spelling and grammar are all correct. If you need to make changes to your artwork listing, instructions are provided in this page.
When your new artwork is finished, it could look something like the following image.
Congratulations! You've just added your first artwork. We hope you choose to add many more.
In this article, we have detailed the process of listing new artworks on The Pixel Gallery. We hope this article helped clear any confusion or uncertainty that might arise from the add new artwork page. We're extremely grateful to all of our artists for contributing their work to the gallery. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
If you haven't discovered how to edit your artist profile yet, now might be a good time to do so.
Thanks for reading, have a great week.
For all of our updates and to join the conversation, be sure to check out our channels: